It is your responsibility to locate the defendant.

It may be difficult to locate the whereabouts of certain parties. Under the circumstances, it may be practical to search at a local registry office or hire the services of a process server.

Once the court has issued the civil claim and returned it to you (the plaintiff), the next step is to give it to the defendant. This is called service. You must serve a form of dispute note with the civil claim on each defendant.

Civil Law - Question #2

How do I locate the address of the person I want to sue and who lets the defendant know about the claim?